Are you thinking about installing a gas grill in your backyard? A grill is a big investment heading into the warmer months, and you’ll want to know what you’re doing before installing it. Specifically, you need to know how to properly install your outdoor grill’s gas line.
Gas line installation isn’t an overly complicated process. However, it can be challenging and even dangerous if you don’t use the right equipment, try to cut corners, and make careless mistakes. In this article, we offer a brief guide to help you install gas lines safely and correctly.
Why Install an Outdoor Gas Grill?
Before diving into the installation process, you may wonder if gas line costs are even worth it. Why purchase and install a natural gas grill in the first place? Here are a few reasons:
- Hosting backyard barbecues and parties: An outdoor grill creates the perfect opportunity for more backyard events. You can invite family, friends, and neighbors to hang out at your place and enjoy a good meal. It’s a great way to make the most of the warmer months!
- Increasing your home’s value: Homes with outdoor gas grills typically have a higher value than other homes in the area. By installing a gas grill, you can increase your home’s value for when you decide to sell. This means you can sell sooner and land a better deal.
- Creating a healthier eating experience: Eating out can be fun, but it can also be unhealthy. Most restaurants cook their food with a lot of preservatives, artificial flavors, and unnatural ingredients. With gas appliances, you can enjoy the experience of dining out with the healthy benefits of a home-cooked meal.
Steps To Install a New Gas Line
Gas line installations require several steps. These include the following:
- Calculating the gas line installation cost per linear foot
- Checking your home’s propane tank and gas system
- Turning off the gas supply at the gas meter installation
- Getting a gas line installed and connected to your existing gas pipes
- Running the gas piping through the basement to the outdoor grill location
- Installing a new shutoff valve for the natural gas line underground
- Running a gas line pressure test
- Inspecting the natural gas lines for leaks
- Fitting a quick-connect nozzle to the end of the gas pipe
- Attaching a propane-to-natural-gas adapter (if necessary)
- Hooking the grill’s hose up to the brand-new gas line running underground
Find a Gas Line Plumber Near Me
Installing a natural gas grill or other gas-powered appliance is an excellent choice if you want to boost your home’s value and spend more quality time with the people you love. It can also promote healthier eating habits — just make sure you install a gas line properly.
Are you wondering about underground gas line installation cost per linear foot and looking for help from a local gas company? You’ve come to the right place! At MN Plumbing & Home Services, our highly trained professionals have the tools and knowledge to do the job right every time. Contact us today at (952) 469-8341 to learn about gas line installation costs per linear foot.